RE: [xml-dev] processing instruction with 'xml' target

Michael Kay said:
>> Just another quote. Now from Norman Walsh:
>>
>> "The document begins with a processing instruction: <?xml
>> ...?>. This is the XML declaration [Section 2.8]. "
>>
>> [http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/10/guide0.html?page=3]
>>

> We were all novices in 1998. Move on.

I agree in novices, but it appears to be not limited to early 1998 since
it spread until 2006:

[http://www.xmlwriter.net/xml_guide/processing_instruction.shtml]

[http://www.xmlwriter.net/xml_guide/xml_declaration.shtml]

[http://aspalliance.com/515_Working_with_XML_Processing_Instructions_in_C]