RE: [xml-dev] Xlink Isn't Dead

At 01:19 PM 9/23/2006, Len Bullard wrote:
>O Style languages vs linking languages  (CSS vs XSLT, a useless debate
>really)

         I don't know that it is.

         My biggest problem in all this is that I can't properly
style XML for website use. I can't simply declare any tag as a link
via CSS. CSS and XML is easier than XSLT and XML, and will get more
penetration in the public perception. This, in turn, will get us more
and better use of links.

         So it's a very useful debate, in my mind.

>For that to work, links have to be transitory.  Pick the format and
>environment that enables that.

         If CSS were doing the right thing with links, it seems to me
that it'd be the obvious choice.

         As for what that "right thing" is, well...I'm working on it.
I ought to have something out for discussion in the next day or so.

--->Ben