Re: [xml-dev] Disk-based XPath Processing

Hi Stefan,

   disk-based XPath and XQuery processing is exactly what the
companion projects Pathfinder (an XPath/XQuery to relational algebra
or SQL compiler) and MonetDB/XQuery (a back-end database system that
can execute Pathfinder's code) are all about.  Both projects are open-
source.

On the web:

   http://www.pathfinder-xquery.org/
   http://www.monetdb-xquery.org/

The back-end database system processes relational encodings of XML
trees (no DOM or similar data structures are involved).

Best wishes,
    --Torsten