Re: [xml-dev] The Link King

peter murray-rust wrote:

> I am not generally concerned with presentation. In general CML is
> processed without emitting photons to humans. I use XML as a language
> to represent types and structure of information. It *may* be rendered
> but often it is not.
>
> This is not a comprehensive list but I have things like:
> <map role="spectrumAnnotation">
>   <link fromType="atom" from="a1" toType="peak" to="p1"/>
> </map>
Which is an 'external' specification of a link?
I'm at point X, specify a link from A to B
(as the generalisation)

> No - presentation can be done with normal stylesheets. Semantic
> annotation is what I care about. What does it mean, not what does it
> look like to a human.
So what property list would you like to see?
What semantics would you want for each kind of link?

> Important - but not top priority for me. if links are first class
> elements then all elements should be validatable in some way

Validated in what way?
That the source and target are accessible?
Anything else?

regards

--
Dave Pawson