Re: [xml-dev] RDDL: natures updates

Jonathan Borden wrote:
> After alot of useful discussion on the TAG, it has been pointed out  to
> me that some of the URIs that we originally selected for RDDL  natures
> don't make sense. In particular we were using namespace URIs  as the
> RDDL natures of things whereas the RDDL nature of something is  really a
> class or group that it belongs to.

> to deprecate the old nature URIs and suggest new URIs. This  is all of
> the form:
>
> For XML Schema (the archetypical example):
>
> (old nature) http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
>
> (new nature) http://www.rddl.org/natures#XMLSchema

I wonder why not use a more abstract level, say simply :
http://www.rddl.org/natures#Schema
which could be used for DTD, W3C XML Schema, Relax NG or other schema

What is found within will tell which one is used.

Moreover, what would happened if I put some Schematron assertions inside
a W3C XML Schema ?

This is the same with catalogs :
http://www.rddl.org/natures#Catalog
would suit to SGML catalogs, OASIS catalogs, and others

IMHO, it is more close to the idea that a resource belongs to a class or
group.

I noticed in RDDL some assertions that are very discutable :
http://www.rddl.org/purposes/
Section "Schema related purposes / Validation"
-I could validate a document with a DTD after parsing it, even if the
document doesn't refer to it (example : because I need to perform
XInclusion before the validation)
-Schema validation can be also combined with the parse phase.

--
Cordialement,

               ///
              (. .)