From: Andrew S. Townley [mailto:ast@atownley.org]
Sent: Thursday, 14 December 2006 11:15 PM
To: Minas Casiou
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Name and Address Structure [NAD]

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  Just a question, did you intentionally not
post this back to the list?

As far as use goes, the project I worked on for the Irish Government
(Reach Public Services Broker) also profiled parts of xAL for their
address specification (http://sdec.reach.ie/rigs/rig0114/).  That's
actually how I was exposed to it originally.

Cheers,

ast

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 12:02, Minas Casiou wrote:
> Yeah, the CIQ stuff is nice & comprehensive.
> I work with the guy who wrote it (Ram Kumar) so I'm a little biased I
> suppose.
> He's got the right ideas though...and ... Google uses it...so...it can't
be
> all that bad!
>
> I'm trying to get him to give out some more guidance in terms of systems
> integration between systems that use the CIQ in different languages.
>
> I'm sure any talented volunteers would be appreciated by him...
>
> CIQ is unique in that its format supports pluggable address formats. You
> basically customize the enumeration lists for a particular country. The
> schema structure remains the same.
> In a way, it's sort of like the provider based pattern used in software
etc.
> In this case, you 'provide' the enumerations to customize it for a
> particular need. The providers are only required at a country level, but
> trying to get agreement between all countries is a little difficult, so
that
> part of it is left to de-facto standards or governments/standards org's in
> particular country to formally define. Alternatively, you can just
customize
> it for your own use for your country.
>
> I don't believe you'll come across a better thought out schema for
Customer
> Information Quality than this one. It's taken them 2-3 years to develop.
>
> Version 3 is in development (slightly simplified he tells me).
> You might wanna hassle him about it...
>
> The URL in the previous post is the place to start...
>
> Good luck...&
> Ps. He tells me he's keen to know what people are doing with
it...so...don't
> be afraid to drop him an email etc. to keep him briefed...
>
> Cheers
> Minas Casiou
> Keystroke IT
> www.keystroke.com.au