RE: [xml-dev] Line number of a node

> Thank you for your advices,I think that the best way will be
> to use the class NodeImpl of Saxon because I have seen the
> method getLineNumber(), do you know how can I create a
> NodeImpl with XPath? some example please.

The method is actually on the interface NodeInfo, which has many different
implementation classes.

You can't create nodes using XPath.

You can build a tree whose nodes implement the Saxon NodeInfo interface
using a Saxon method such

StaticQueryContext.buildDocument(Source)

If you want line numbers, use an AugmentedSource on which you have called
setLineNumbering(true).

If you can't find the details in the Saxon Javadoc, ask again on the
saxon-help list at SourceForge.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/