RE: [xml-dev] xmlns empty string

> In particular, it replaces
> .absent. in the following
> places:
> 3.2.1 The {target namespace} of named schema components, both
> at the top level and (in the case of nested type definitions
> and nested attribute and element declarations whose code was
> qualified)

This is one of those horrible cases where the spec explicitly says that
xs:include operates on schema components, and then says that its treatment
of the schema components depends on something ("whose code was qualified")
that (as far as I can see) isn't a property of the schema component, but
part of the syntax of the schema document from which the component was
derived.

(What is "code" anyway? I suspect it's a misprint for "form".)

In fact I think this is a red herring. I think the chameleon include affects
all nested element declarations whose {target namespace} is .absent.,
regardless of the reason why it is .absent..

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com