Re: [xml-dev] the Canonical path of a node

> Another option I have considered in the past is to allow Clark-format URIs
> in path expressions:
>
> /{http://p1.uri}a[1]/{http://p2.uri}b[1]/{http://p.uri}c[1]

another possibility would be for xpath 2+n to relax the element() node
test to allow compile time constant expressions rather than just
qname-or-wildcard.

/element(QName('http://p1.uri'),'a')[1]/element(QName('http://p2.uri','b')[2]/element(QName('http://p2.uri','c')[1]

although looking at it, I'm not sure that's really any better than

/*[namespace-uri()='http://p1.uri' and local-name()='a']/....

which works already of course.

David