Examples of compressed XML formats beyond ODF?

We have started work on MusicXML 1.2, a new revision of the standard
interchange format for music notation and digital sheet music
applications:

http://www.recordare.com/xml.html

Perhaps the most important new feature for MusicXML 1.2 is the
addition of a standard compressed zip format. MusicXML 1.1 is very
successful as an interchange format, but the large file sizes don't
work so well for distribution. Making a standard compressed version
solves that problem. It also allows images, sound files, MIDI files,
and multiple MusicXML files to be packaged together. Our goal for
MusicXML 1.2 is to make it the standard for distribution of non-DRM
digital sheet music. Effective DRM still appears to require
proprietary solutions at this time.

ODF is a well-known example of this approach, and looking at the ODF
specs has been very helpful for raising design issues and suggesting
solutions. It would be even more helpful to have more examples.
Applications like the capella notation editor also use compressed XML,
but this is for their native format. I am especially looking for
examples from document interchange formats from other vertical
markets. But any guidance to examples beyond ODF would be most
appreciated.

Thanks very much for any advice! People who want to contribute to the
MusicXML 1.2 design discussion are invited to join our mailing list
at:

http://www.recordare.com/lists#MusicXML

Thanks,

Michael Good