Re: [xml-dev] XML Query 1, XSLT 2, XPath 2, and supporting specs W3C Recommendations

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 05:53:59PM +1100, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
> Congratulations to all concerned. I think XPath2 and related standards
> are exciting steps forward.

We think so too, thanks!

> Members of the schematron-love-in mail list and I are working on
> Schematron using XSLT2, with the intent of eventually adding this to the
> ISO Standard for Schematron. The extra libraries and expressiveness of
> XPath2 fits well with user requirements, not so much the datatyping.

In some areas (e.g. XSLT 2, as well as XQuery) the datatyping can
be exactly what (some, many) users want (or need).

Note by the way that the W3C XML Schema Working Group is working
on Schema 1.1 that, amongst other things, is aligned with
XPath 2.0 (e.g. with the final type names).

Best,

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/