Re: [xml-dev] Recent allegations about me

Fascinating.

"There is a standard or there isn't a standard."

That assertion makes nominal sense if I am looking for
an electrical outlet installed in my house (wall)
into which I may plug the electrical cord for
the digital camera AC adapter I bought yesterday
in Plano, Texas.

In what domains does it make sense to say

"There is a standard or there isn't a standard." ?

I'd be very reluctant to talk about a single "standard"
for XML file formats for office applications.  How would
that single "standard" be established, enforced,
and ultimately deposed in favor of a better single standard?
The mind boggles.

Robin