Re: [xml-dev] Performance Vs Size of XSD + Extension of restriction

Original Message From: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>

>I would think it's very unlikely to affect performance but you can
>certainly
> say
>
> <xs:restriction base="OrigType">
>   <xs:maxLength value="40"/>
> </xs:restriction>

Given that OrigType has <xs:maxLength value="20"/>, wouldn't this
'restriction' be illegal?  (I'm looking at 4.3.3.4 of XSD part 2.)

Maybe you could do something like:

<xs:simpleType name="LongOrigType">
<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
 <xs:minLength value="1"/>