Re: [xml-dev] Schematron Question: proper way to express the text version of assertions?

Roger--

Perhaps this is irrelevant to your point, but it seems to me that you
should deal with a slightly more realistic example.  If, as I am
assuming, these are military times, you're going to need to deal
with, say, a meeting that starts at 2300 and ends at 0100 (the next
day).   I mention this because I think, whether or not you use "is",
"should be", or "must be" in this case, your proposed assertions are
all expressed in terms of the *representation* of the time as being
an integer (i.e., "greater than").  This may be what you want, but it
seems to me better to express this using the term you used in your
initial constraint, "after", as in "The Meeting's EndTime must be
after its StartTime" (equivalently you could use something like
"later than".  This expresses the semantics, whether or not you use a
representation that strictly supports a "greater than" operator.

--Frank

PS:  You left off that alternative so beloved of government contracts
and specifications, "shall be", as in "EndTime shall be greater than
StartTime"