Re: [xml-dev] Re: [ubl-dev] Top 10 uses of XML in 2007

Stephen Green wrote:
> Isn't it a matter of high end versus low end?
> And therefore applying that to UBL as a form
> of XML, isn't it likely that high end commerce
> systems will favour a binary translation of the
> XML?

I expect that increasingly high end commerce systems will be built on
native or hybrid XML databases and will no more care how the documents
are stored on disk than they care how Oracle lays out its relational
tables.

However I do expect that they will continue to exchange raw XML
documents over HTTP, possibly using the compression or encryption
technologies built into lower layers of the stack.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!