len

From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]

> I accept that one wants to find out what the bottlenecks are,
> but I can't accept that companies this big spending this much
> money haven't.

Informix bankrupted itself buying Illustra at a price that most people
thought was plain silly.

Don't assume that just because the sum of money has nine digits to the left
of the decimal point, the decision-making process is any more rational than
when you buy a dishwasher; and even when it's rational, it's still highly
risky.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/