Re: [xml-dev] No XML Binaries? Buy Hardware

can we go back to analog computers?

On a more serious note. Can I add that it is the tree structure of the
DOM that is expensive to parse - binary or text.

If you look closely, the best speedups come from binary schemes that
effectively drop the tree structure.

If we flatten it (and this of course is trivial for data, but not so for
documents) then text/binary is no longer as big an issue.

flatten == normalise

Rick