RE: [xml-dev] better (?) than DOM

Hi.

> On Feb 23, 2007, at 12:57, Manos Batsis wrote:
> > Quoting Robin Berjon <robin@joost.com>:
> >> It seems to be begging for E4X, which is IMHO a lot
> >> clearer than the above.
> >
> > As said in my original email (sent only to Nathan by accident),
> > interoperability is, again, the problem :-/
>
> I know, and sorry for being too cursory to be clear. My point was
> more about how if you want to produce XML, why not use... XML! E4X
> requires the browser to be updated, which means it'll be a while
> before it's widely useable

I typed XML4J when I meant E4X.  E4X is a really easy way to use XML
from Javascript code, and the API I pasted examples of would never have
come into being if E4X was widely available.

e4x works in firefox but can't be used in IE yet.

Also unlike DOM it's JS specific.

> but there are other options that
> are also
> more readable than method calls nested twelve times. For
> instance the
> various Javascript templating libraries could come in quite useful
> there I'd say.

Which templating libraries are you thinking of?

---->Nathan