Re: [xml-dev] xml and javascript

On 3/20/07, Rick Marshall <rjm@zenucom.com> wrote:
> can someone put me out of misery please...
>
> Having realised that xmlHTTPRequest is great, but HTML has limitations -
> in particular if I want to update a DIV with the result and execute some
> Javascript I can a) make up my own syntax or b) try to use builtin
> Javascript functions for processing XML.

c) JSON, ...send native javascript objects.
d) send the html you want to display

.
.
z) join a ajax mail list :D

> Hmmm... this seems to be browser dependent. Is this correct?

creating the xmlHTTPRequest is browser dependant, using it not. The
format you use to communicate is all to you, will be hard to create
one browser dependant :D

I guest most browser able to requeste data from a XML tree with the
dom api, but I don't do much ajax outside firefox.. If you can request
the xml tree with DOM, you are safe.