XML based wiazrd

I need to develop a Wizard.  It will be some what complex with many
final destinations, based on how the user answers questions.  My
thought was that I could map this out the whole thing in XML, having
one question with the possible answers, and then in each answer have
the next question and so on.

I asked on another forum and someone recommended IETM (Interactive
Electronic Technical Manual).  From what I have been able to tell it
is a SGML format used by the military for trouble shooting manuals.
It seems to be VERY involved (especially being SGML, which I don't
know yet) and I am not finding any frameworks out there to quickly and
easily display the information.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I am sure you are wondering if this is a web app or a GUI app, the
answer is: YES, it is both.  Initially I need it in the GUI piece, but
I have no problem doing in HTML and putting it into an embedded
browser.  The GUI does fire up Apache, so I could point the embedded
browser at the web server for a complete web solution.  The embedded
browser will have to be Gecko (the Firefox browser) so I believe I
will be able to use things like the xform extension to Firefox, etc.

Sam