Re: [xml-dev] Transition from DTD to XML Schema specification

On Jun 05, 2007, at 16:59, Michael Kay wrote:
> I would have said there were two approaches:
>
> (a) continue to work without namespaces. You haven't actually said
> why you
> want to introduce a namespace, and you can use XML Schema without one.
>
> (b) introduce a couple of simple XSLT stylesheets to do the
> conversion from
> the non-namespace form to the namespace form and perhaps vice
> versa. Run the
> transformation on the input before you apply schema validation.

Another potential option: define your schema as a chameleon schema,
and have another schema import it and give it the namespace, then
validate with either.

--
Robin Berjon, who wonders if advocating chameleon schemata counts as
trolling or not