Re: A question about the future of efficient XML

On 2007-06-10, 15:56 GMT, Miroslav Hajda wrote:
> this might be an inappropriate subject for this list, but I'm
> one of those people who still believe in a binary solution (not
> necessarily a binary/efficient XML).

There is a large group of people, users of different Unix system,
which believe you are wrong on this, and that unless there is
some really compelling reason (e.g., images, audio/video files),
text format is always better. I think unless Unix tradition dies
(and I don't think it will be anytime soon), there will be a huge
support for the textual XML. Actually, I would even say that
these guys are one of big powers causing XML to be succesful in
the first place.

Matej