Re: [xml-dev] Schema refactoring tools

I was looking at refactoring from the standpoint of the data represented
rather than the XML documents, but it's true that changing an attribute
to a child element is probably not the best example. Still a useful
feature for a tool, though.

A better example would be to convert local to global types and elements,
with automatic substitution of the new global type wherever appropriate.
Better still if the tool allowed me to do things such as select the
first three child elements from an existing complexType/sequence to be
made into a new type definition, converting the existing type to an
extension of the new type. So:

  <complexType name="old">
    <sequence>
      <element name="a" type="string"/>