Re: [xml-dev] Schema refactoring tools

Would not just a powerful enough text editor to allow multi-line 'find
and replace' do the trick?

e.g. First a find and replace say to change the type name from 'old' to 'new'.

then find

    <element name="d" type="string"/>

and replace with

 </sequence>
 </complexType>

 <complexType name="old">
   <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns:new">
       <sequence>

Sorry if that sounds oversimplistic. Personally I find a set of decent
text editors as useful as the more sophisticated jobs for some things
like this.

--
Stephen Green

Partner