RE: [xml-dev] Schema composition questions

> when I have doubts about include/composition I often look to
> this illuminating post:
>
> http://xsd.stylusstudio.com/2004Oct/post01000.htm#

It's illuminating in that it clearly states one person's view of the
process. However, the notion that you can implement xs:include by creating
schema components from the referenced schema document and then including the
(perhaps modified) components is simplistic, because you don't have enough
information to construct the components until you have assembled all the
components that they refer to - for example, you don't know the {variety} of
a simple type until you have found its base type. So these components are at
best "skeletal components", a concept which isn't exactly clear from the
spec...

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/