Re: [xml-dev] XML DTD/XSD parser library sought

In article <77tqa3pt5frtavrja4tbi6gv608m1qh7e1@4ax.com> you write:

>I'm looking for a parser library in C/C++ with which I can
>read fairly complex DTDs (like those for DITA and DocBook)
>and extract content models for all elements for further
>analysis and manipulation.

You could use RXP for this.  It should be able to handle any legal
DTD.  It represents content models as C structures in a fairly
straightforward way:

enum cp_type {
    CP_pcdata, CP_name, CP_seq, CP_choice
};
typedef enum cp_type CPType;

struct content_particle {
    enum cp_type type;
    char repetition;
    const Char *name;
    ElementDefinition element;
    int nchildren;
    struct content_particle **children;
};

It doesn't have much documentation, unfortunately.

See http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~richard/rxp.html

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.