[xml-dev] XML DTD/XSD parser library sought

I'm looking for a parser library in C/C++ with which I can
read fairly complex DTDs (like those for DITA and DocBook)
and extract content models for all elements for further
analysis and manipulation.  Doing the same for XSD schemas
would be nice, but is less important.

It sounds like a simple task that many tool libraries would
handle, but I haven't found one that does yet.  I've looked
at expat and ltxml among many others, and while they can read
the content models for validation, they don't seem to have an
API for getting that info out for other purposes.

I'd prefer LGPL, BSD, Apache, etc., licensing, as if my idea
works out I may want to make the resulting tool generally
available.  GPL would be OK, with commercial running a poor
third...

Thank you very much for any leads on this!

  <jeremy@omsys.com>  http://www.omsys.com/