XML Diff

Has anyone come across a good Java library for comparing XML instances ?

I have had a look at DiffX (http://www.topologi.com/diffx/) but I am not sure if it is being maintained (latest download is April 2005) and also xmldiff4j (Lars Trieloff), but Lars is not really maintaining his. I *could* go to DeltaXML but their prices might be a bit rich for my purposes and I just wanted to get a feel for what was/is out there and how it fits my use cases.

I will [probably] also be interested in XML cananonicalization (I have a copy - which I slightly modified - of James Clarke's), so if anyone knows of any good source for this process also ?

Regards

Fraser.