Re: XML DTD/XSD parser library sought

Hi Jeremy,

"Jeremy H. Griffith" <jeremy@omsys.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a parser library in C/C++ with which I can
> read fairly complex DTDs (like those for DITA and DocBook)
> and extract content models for all elements for further
> analysis and manipulation.

I know Xerces-C++ has robust DTD handling code with an
in-memory grammar model which I believe you can navigate.

> Doing the same for XSD schemas would be nice, but is less
> important.

Again, Xerces-C++ supports this. Or you can use our
libxsd-frontend[1] which is a compiler frontend for XML Schema.
It provides the XML Schema semantic graph as well as the
traversal mechanism. We use it in the implementation of
our XML Schema to C++ compiler[2].

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/libxsd-frontend/
[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

hth,