Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML DTD/XSD parser library sought

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:05:31 +0000 (UTC), Boris Kolpackov
<boris@codesynthesis.com> wrote:

>I know Xerces-C++ has robust DTD handling code with an
>in-memory grammar model which I believe you can navigate.
>

>> Doing the same for XSD schemas would be nice, but is less
>> important.
>
>Again, Xerces-C++ supports this. Or you can use our
>libxsd-frontend[1] which is a compiler frontend for XML Schema.
>It provides the XML Schema semantic graph as well as the
>traversal mechanism. We use it in the implementation of
>our XML Schema to C++ compiler[2].
>
>[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/libxsd-frontend/
>[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

Thank you very much for your reply!  I've been working
with Richard Tobin's RXP, and have pretty much completed
a first cut at the utility we need, which we are naming
dtd2ini.  We will be releasing it under the GPL v.2, like
RXP.  If anyone here is interested in seeing it before
we get it out the door, we have a POC package in C that
we will send to anyone who requests it off-list.  It
processes the DocBook 4.5 DTD in about two seconds.  ;-)

We'll be using dtd2ini to generate .inis that allow Mif2Go,
our filter for FrameMaker output to numerous formats, to
output to XML for arbitrary DTDs (besides DITA, which it
already produces, and DocBook, which will be in the next
upgrade).  Mif2Go is free for unemployed, underemployed
consultants, and academics (students, faculty, and staff),
and inexpensive ($295) for everyone else.

  <jeremy@omsys.com>  http://www.omsys.com/