Re: [xml-dev] XML Diff

Thanks Rick. I have been trying to get an email address for Christophe Lauret but can't find anything in the docs or on Toplogi. I have emailed Topologi support directly but they haven't replied.

Do you know of any way of reaching him or anyone else who might help me ?

Cheers

Fraser.

On 29/07/07, Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe@allette.com.au> wrote:
Fraser Goffin said:
> Has anyone come across a good Java library for comparing XML instances ?
>
> I have had a look at DiffX (http://www.topologi.com/diffx/) but I am not
> sure if it is being maintained (latest download is April 2005) and also
> xmldiff4j (Lars Trieloff), but Lars is not really maintaining his. I
> *could*
> go to DeltaXML but their prices might be a bit rich for my purposes and I
> just wanted to get a feel for what was/is out there and how it fits my use
> cases.

Yes it is a library that is in use in a couple of organization's tools. It
is a simple framework with several different comparisons strategies:
character-by-character, line-by-line and word-by-word XML aware. Because
the default strategy algorithms are based on tree searching, the XML
comparison bogs down for large XML documents, but it is great on smaller
ones.

If you want more info, email C. Lauret at Allette Systems, who is the
maintainer. His email should be with the distro.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe