Re: [xml-dev] Validating Bulk XML Data

On 8/15/07, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> > >                 I ve got a number of xmls in one file and a
> > schema for these, is there a way to get around validating
> > them one at a time ?

> There's a validation API in JAXP so if you are prepared to write an
> application in Java you can achieve what you need: the API allows you to
> prepare/compile a schema, construct a validator, and then use the validator
> repeatedly to validate multiple source documents.

If you don't want to write your own, Kernow does directory validation
using Saxon or Xerces.  You can use the GUI or use it's API in your
Java app eg:

Kernow kernow = new Kernow();
boolean allPassed = kernow.validateDirectory(File dir, Schema schema);

Kernow can be downloaded from: http://kernowforsaxon.sourceforge.net/

The API is still under development and likely to change.  I'm probably
going to return a list of failures, rather than just a boolean, but I
haven't gotten around to it yet.

cheers
andrew
--