Re: [xml-dev] Standard means to convert text to XML?

Well, I remember that there was a W3C note on this, it was basically
submitted by a Finnish company that had an XML format that described
the inputs structure as a combination of EBNF, Regex, and some XSL-T
like semantics. I googled but I couldn't find it. It was probably
about 2002 that it was looking promising. I thought for some reason
this avenue had been taken up again last year but since nobody is
mentioning it I guess not.

Current examples with XSL-T 2.0 and FXSL - json to xml with fxsl

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/05/dimitre_novatchevfxsl_jsontoxm.html
however the referrenced link to the livespaces space does not work,
and I cannot see anything on the sourceforge site
http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/

There are various tools that will convert any text to XML, but the XML
you get out isn't very useful (obviously)

Perhaps also something like Generative XPath would work
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200707/msg00097.html as a basis
for getting out the structure of non-xml formats.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen