Re: [xml-dev] Standard means to convert text to XML?

Well if this is the kind of thing you want you should probably look at
www.program-transformation.org.
In the context of php there is
http://www.program-transformation.org/PHP/PhpFront

This is more specific than you originally discussed though.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen