RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft buys the Swedish vote on OOXML?

Michael Kay said:
>> Tim: where exactly is this corruption? No actual instance of
>> corruption has been found *anywhere* that I can see.
>
> In my book, asking companies who depend on you for their livelihood to
> join
> a standards organization and vote in your interests is corrupt, whether or
> not it is legal, and whether or not there is any explicit financial
> inducement.

So you can be corrupt by using a product in your systems, having the
vendor point out why it would be useful as a standard, and then joining
the standards effort because it would benefit you?

So someone who relies on Java is corrupt to participate in the XML WG if
Sun is there? And someone whose business relies Lotus Notes is corrupt to
participate at OASIS if IBM is there? I don't think so.

Cheers
Rick