RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft buys the Swedish vote on OOXML?

Michael Kay said:

> That's an absurd distortion of what I said.

Oh good, I am glad you think it is absurd to. You had me worried for a
minute!

> I would say the process has been corrupted if people are voting when the
> issue does not affect them directly, but only to demonstrate loyalty to
> their business "partners".

Now that you add this "if", I think you have a point. Unless they have
particular expertise or want to ramp up their experience for some future
involvement or are there as a legitimate proxy because someone cannot
attend or are there in an 'honest broker' role, I don't see any need for
people who would not benefit from that standard to partipicate or vote.

But "corrupt" is still not a synonym for "less than ideal" and
unnecessarily provocative.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe