Re: [xml-dev] NY Times reference to 'secret coding'

I doubt any of those listed below are comlete implementations of Open XML without MS libraries. See below for a quick blurb about each link.

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 11:24, Len Bullard wrote:

> Some places to ask and reference:

> http://www.openxmldeveloper.org/

  • Reference site for Open XML Developers.
    • Mentions OpenXML4J, a pure Java OpenXML manipulation library supporting limited usage scenarios - http://www.openxml4j.org/Documentation/Scenarios.html

> http://www.openxmlcommunity.org/

  • Public Relations Site (C) Microsoft 2007

> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/officexml/chapter/ch02.pdf

  • O'Reilly book showing how Open XML would render in MSWord GUI

> http://blogs.infosupport.com/wouterv/archive/2007/07/22/Questions-on-Open

> -XML.aspx

  • Blog post showing that in many cases ODF has the same problems as Open XML

  • PHP Classes (GPL) for OpenXML http://www.phpexcel.net which appears to use PHP OLE libraries and so on. No apparent MS dependency.

  • .NET GUI to Open XML docs http://www.codeplex.com/PackageExplorer/

> http://www.codeplex.com/ExcelPackage/

  • Wrapper around .NET 3.0 System.IO.Packaging API

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/odf-converter

  • .NET 2.0 based plugins for opening and saving ODF documents from MSOffice via Open XML

> http://www.docx2doc.com/

  • Converts from .docx to .doc online for $5. Unclear which library it uses, Panergy?

> http://www.openxml.biz/

  • Site about open xml format and Open XML Writer, a .NET 3.0 GUI

> http://www.panergy-software.com/buy/download.html

  • DocXConverter - to PDF for Mac and Windows w/o Office, about $20-$30

--

Nicholas Sushkin, Senior Software Engineer

Open Finance

smime.p7s