From: bryan rasmussen [mailto:rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:45 PM
To: Costello, Roger L.
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] [Summary] Dangers of Copying Text into an XML
Document

On 9/6/07, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> Ah, another excellent point!  Thanks Jonathan.
>
> I will replace the two bullets on CDATA with this:
>
> Partial Markup: the text may contain an incomplete unit of markup,
such
> as the start symbols of a CDATA section but not the end symbols, a
> start tag but not its end tag, or the first delimiter of an attribute
> value but not its end delimiter.
>
> Also, I will add another bullet:
>
> Undefined Namespaces: the text may contain references to namespaces
> that are not defined in the XML document.

are you also gonna note things that apply to specific xml formats, for
example in XSLT 2.0, its an error if you try to bind a namespace node
whose prefix is already bound. Actually this can apply generally to
copying of namespaces, if I copy a portion out of a big file where the
namespaces are slightly different but they are actually the same
format, only with some markup that is no longer allowed in the copy
target that is present in the copy from.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen