Re: [xml-dev] [Summary] Dangers of Copying Text into an XML Document

> Namespace Mismatch: The text may contain references to namespaces that
> are not defined in the XML document, or it may overwrite a namespace
> that already exists in the XML document, or it may contain markup that
> is not allowed in the XML document's namespace.

Well the overwrite a namespace can be subtle, for example if I copy in
<a:a> from a document where a prefix is bound to a1 namespace to a
document where a prefix is bound to a2 namespace problems could be:

1. the meaning of a:a has changed meaning with the change of namespace binding.

2. the namespace bindings are carried with the copying resulting in
prefix rebinding. Now the meaning of the elements are correct but
probable processing of the document will have problems (if processing
expects only namespace to which a prefix is originally bound).

3. the 'a' element is not allowed in the 'a' namespace of document
where XML is copied.

4. prefix re-binding such in the particular target format has specific
rules that will raise problems. One can see why such copying in an
XSL-T even if it is not 2.0 could raise problems, you are essentially
changing the expected performance of the program.

Not sure if I can think of others for this particular copying problem.'

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen