Re: [xml-dev] XSD - Validator problem

There is no error I can spot in the fragment you posted.
Note that if an error is reported with a location on the first line of
the schema that does not necessarily mean that the error is really on
that line, it may be an error that does not have a specific location or
it may be that the validation engine is not able to provide a
better/specific location for that error.

I do not know XML Spy but other tools like oXygen and Stylus offer
support for validation against multiple engines. If multiple engines
report the same error on the schema then there are good chances they are
correct and you have a problem with the schema - also they usually
provide a slightly different description of the error so as you get
multiple ways of saying the same thing it is easier to understand the
actual problem.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/