RE: [xml-dev] XSD - Validator problem

> I have a problem and hope someone might help me. In my work
> with Extensible Textual Format I wanted to use an schema file
> that I found within an IBM project. I used "XML-Spy" to
> validate the schema and everytime it throws an error in the
> first line of code. I really don't see any error there.

I don't either. If you told us what the error message was, then we might
have some idea. Or try and reproduce it with a smaller sample that you can
post in full and we can run for ourselves.

> Therefore I posted the first lines of
> code above. Is there maybe a difference in the specification
> of schema that different validators use?

They use the same specification but have different bugs. There are also
excusable variations, for example some processors allow byte-order-marks in
UTF-8 files and some don't, because the specs in the past were unclear on
the point.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/