Re: [xml-dev] Problem using <xsd:all>

Hi Paul,

I added a few element declarations to the schema to make it valid as below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
   targetNamespace="http://www.intient.com/irukandji";
   xmlns:tasklist="http://www.intient.com/irukandji";

   <xsd:element name="tasklist">
     <xsd:complexType>
       <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:element ref="tasklist:prerequisites" minOccurs="0"
           maxOccurs="1" />
         <xsd:element ref="tasklist:task" minOccurs="1"
           maxOccurs="unbounded" />
         <xsd:choice>
           <xsd:sequence>
             <xsd:element ref="tasklist:success" />
             <xsd:element ref="tasklist:failure" />
           </xsd:sequence>
           <xsd:sequence>
             <xsd:element ref="tasklist:failure" />
             <xsd:element ref="tasklist:success" />
           </xsd:sequence>
         </xsd:choice>
       </xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:string" use="required" />
     </xsd:complexType>
   </xsd:element>

   <xsd:element name="prerequisites"/>
   <xsd:element name="task"/>
   <xsd:element name="success"/>
   <xsd:element name="failure"/>

</xsd:schema>

I named it test.xsd and created a test.xml in the same folder with the
following content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tasklist xmlns="http://www.intient.com/irukandji";
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.intient.com/irukandji test.xsd"
   id="tasklist-loadTest1">

   <task id="dns-lookup">
     <command id="1" type="native">
       <name>nslookup</name>
       <argument genericlist-id="1"></argument>
       <success>
         <rule operator="regexp">
           <stdout>(.+)Address: (.+)</stdout>
         </rule>
       </success>
       <failure>
         <rule operator="true" />
       </failure>
     </command>
     <success>
       <rule operator="equals">
         <result command-id="1" success="true" />
       </rule>
     </success>
     <failure>
       <rule operator="true" />
     </failure>
   </task>
   <success>
     <rule operator="equals">
       <result task-id="dns-lookup" success="true" />
     </rule>
   </success>
   <failure>
     <rule operator="true" />
   </failure>
   <failure>
     <rule operator="true" />
   </failure>
   <failure>
     <rule operator="true" />
   </failure>
</tasklist>

When I validate that with Xerces for instance I get:
SystemID: C:\george\test\p6\test.xml
Location: 37:4
with element 'failure'. No child element is expected at this point.

Looking at your instance I see that you have a wrong URL for the schema
location:

file://C:/Documents and
Settings/Admin/workspace/itsml/bin/com/intient/spx/resolver/irukandji-istml-tasklist.xsd"

In this case C: is considered the host, you need file:///C:/...etc and
you also need to have the spaces URL-escaped because the value of the
schemaLocation attribute is a list of pairs of the form
  namespace schemaLocation
all separated by whitespaces, so for instance "and" is considered the
second namespace and
"Settings/Admin/workspace/itsml/bin/com/intient/spx/resolver/irukandji-istml-tasklist.xsd"
is considered the location of the second schema file.

Therefore it looks like you are not performing validation against the
schema, probably the document is only checked to be wellformed.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/
http://www.oxygenxml.com