Re: [xml-dev] What approaches do people use to create tag names and attribute names?

I think, in the case of XML content modeling also, the techniques used
for logical and physical data modeling can be used (mostly used in
RDBMS world).

The steps for logical data modeling are:
First from the problem domain, we get the entity names (along with
their attributes); for e.g.

Entity: Book
Attributes: Name, Author, ISBN, Price

During logical data modeling, we also identify the relationship
between entities.

During physical data modeling, we add details to the logical model.
In RDBMS world, we map entities to the tables, and the relationships
between entities (in the logical model) are mapped to the foreign key
relationships.

We can apply similar concepts for the XML world. From the logical
model, we can derive the XML Schema.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi