Re: [xml-dev] Heterogeneous XML editing environments - how do youcope?

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 17:51 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Back to your original statement, though...
>
> > Is whitespace like this important:

> Well, you seem to be saying that a GUI-oriented XML tool should feel
> free to output things that are hard to format for those who use tools
> like Emacs, and that everyone should use the GUI-oriented tool?

Well, when in Rome...

> When you have a heterogeneous editing environment, that's because
> different tools are better for different jobs. Certainly the vast
> majority

Is there a vastness here ?

>  of XML luminaries

Please enumerate so they can tell their editor of choice.

>  I know use text oriented editors with XML
> extensions rather than GUI tools like XMetaL.

I have never used XMetal, but I like the ability to not impose editor
visual restrictions like line breaking in something that should not have
line breaking.

> So I was glad to see
> Liam's post that suggests that this behavior can be modified.

but of course, whatev