Re: [xml-dev] XQuery & Several records (instead of one xml-field)

On 10/19/07, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@redhat.com> wrote:
> I agree with you that a pure XML environment really is a lot easier ....

I think there have been numerous debates whether relational model is
useful or XML, or hybrid (as we are discussing in this thread).

One of the factors for choosing between the relational storage and XML
is the need of normalization. For highly normalized data requirements,
choosing relational storage is good (at the performance cost of
joining tables). For denormalized data requirements, we can choose
XML.

Moreover, data modeling discipline in relational world is more mature
than in the XML world.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi