Re: [xml-dev] XQuery & Several records (instead of one xml-field)

Mukul,

To nobody's surprise, I agree very strongly with your statements.

However, there are also very important environments in which there is
very little or no relational data to be considered -- what I might
call a "pure document" environment.  Such environments can be well
supported by an implementation such as Oracle's or DB2's, but there
can also be a case made for a "pure XML" database.

Trying to be balanced,
    Jim