RE: [xml-dev] XSLT question on transitive closures

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 12:40 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:

> > The actual task I am doing is not actually Schematron, it is
> > about removing families of elements from XSD schemas (an
> > element, its declaration, uses and any unique descendents.)
> >

> Processing schemas at the XSD document level is quite tricky - you
> potentially have to understand the horrors of xs:redefine, chameleon
> includes, and the like. I've done it a few times, but only for schemas that
> satisfy strict constraints (e.g. no redefines).

Yes indeed.

For the particular job, we don't have that problem, but for the XSD to
Schematron converter we are working on I've put out some XSLT
stylesheets to macro-process the includes, imports, complex type
declarations, groups and attributeGroups. This can give a big file, but
many fewer cases to deal with.

Anyone interested, see

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/10/converting_xml_schemas_to_sche_1.html

Fixes, improvements, welcome.