Re: [xml-dev] XML Standard for exchanging grocery prices

Hi Berk,

A really good standard to look at has been developed by the University
of Manheim and is shopinfo.

With some simple scripts, you can download and get everything across a
large number of vendors.

What is actually done is that a csv file holds the actual prices, you
get the xml file which tells you then how to decode the data.

I have some perl scripts that I could publish that will automatically
download about 8 million items from a range of websites across Europe.

It is all fascinating stuff....

Let me know if you are interested and I will publish the links..

Regards

David