len

From: Peter Hunsberger [mailto:peter.hunsberger@gmail.com]

I had sent this reply to Len off list, but it's sort of an interesting
debate so here it is again:

If you're collecting research data then, off hand, I'd say about 90%+:
 we're using a strongly typed version of a EAV model, only 5 tables
out of the 40 or so involved in the model actually collect the actual
data.

I had figured Len would come in high but not that high, instead he
agreed.  I actually think we can drop that ratio by recursively using
the data tables to store the metadata; sort of an uber schema. There
seems to be a belief in some circles that such a design result in a
lot  of extra joins, but in my experience if it's done right that's
not particularly true...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.