Re: [xml-dev] Approaches to Expanding the Semantics of a Community's Self-Interested XML Vocabulary

It's not my work, but the OASIS UBL TC has on its Support Tools
page http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-ssc
a link to a work which seems to be a little along the lines you suggest
being applied to comparing different customisations of the Universal Business
Language using OWL / RDF
http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/publications/2007/YarimaganDogac-UBLTranslationPaper.pdf

I have just considered applying RDF and maybe OWL to a more general
use case of 'test assertions' for any kind of IT software system but it is as
yet no more than a thought and a list mailing to the OASIS TAG TC which
is dealing with test assertions and their use for conformance testing, etc:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/200711/msg00016.html
My example considers UBL schemas but it makes sense that using RDF
would allow comparisons of graphs of different XML standards/vocabularies.

I hope to look into this a lot more and always felt that to properly handle
different customizations of the same language (in this case UBL) would
require use of ontologies. Now it's a matter of working out the details or
reusing the existing prior art where possible (and permitted by IPR).

Best regards

Stephen Green